Last night, we attended a VBS and the speaker spoke on “Finding Jesus at the Cross”. This speaker is a friend of ours and we love listening to him speak. He had a few points that really stuck out to me and the questions themselves are powerful. They make you think deeply about your own life and what matters most. Read each carefully and think about how your life is when answering each one.
- What is in your life that is getting in the way of your relationship with Jesus?
- No matter how hard life gets, will you be with Jesus until the end?
- What happens when Jesus asks you for something that you are not willing to give?
- Are we willing to tell people that are living in a sinful lifestyle about what their lifestyle will lead them to?
- Is there something in your life that you need to change and get fixed right now? Does anyone but you and Jesus know about this?
- Are you all about Jesus sometimes and other times you fall far behind?
When he started speaking, I knew that he was speaking directly to me although he didn’t know it.
There are many things in my life that I let get in the way of my relationship with Jesus. I try not to let things interfere but it happens. When life gets tough, it is hard to keep Jesus at the top of the list. We must try to always go to Jesus first in all situations. Praying is not hard and it does not take much time. It can be done anywhere at any time.
The third question is what I feel is a struggle with the world today. We are not willing to give up things that Jesus asks us to. Many choose sports over an opportunity to serve. People choose to work over the chance to go help someone in need. Simply put, people don’t want to give up things that make them happy in the world. They want to put Christ aside for their own needs. I’m guilty at times and feel we all are guilty at times.
There are many things that need to be fixed in my life. I am all about Jesus on Sundays and Wednesdays for sure and I try to put my self in environments more often to keep Jesus at the top of my priorities, but I fail often as a lot of us do.
Today, I challenge you to write down these questions and think about how each may impact you. Share your thoughts with a loved one and if you need to change, have them be an accountability partner for you. If you need someone to help you, reach out to us. We would love to be able to help you because it will help us as well.
God is Good…